Python program to determine whether the given number is a Harshad Number.
If a number is divisible by the sum of its digits, then it will be known as a Harshad Number.
The number 156 is divisible by the sum (12) of its digits (1, 5, 6 ).
Some Harshad numbers are 8, 54, 120, etc.
In this program, integer value is predefined, we don?t need to put integer value to determine whether the given number is a Harshad number or not by following the algorithm as given below:
- STEP 1: START
- STEP 2: SET num = 156, rem =0, sum =0
- STEP 3: DEFINE n
- STEP 4: n = num
- STEP 5: REPEAT STEP 6 to STEP 8 UNTIL (num>0)
- STEP 6: rem =num%10
- STEP 7: sum = sum + rem
- STEP 8: num = num/10
- STEP 9: if(n%sum==0) then PRINT “Yes” else PRINT “No”
- STEP 10: END
- num = 156;
- rem = sum = 0;
- #Make a copy of num and store it in variable n
- n = num;
- #Calculates sum of digits
- while(num > 0):
- rem = num%10;
- sum = sum + rem;
- num = num//10;
- #Checks whether the number is divisible by the sum of digits
- if(n%sum == 0):
- print(str(n) + ” is a harshad number”);
- print(str(n) + ” is not a harshad number”);
156 is a harshad number