This PHP OOP series helps you master Object-oriented Programming in PHP.
PHP introduced object-oriented programming features since version 5.0. Object-Oriented programming is one of the most popular programming paradigms based on the concept of objects and classes.
PHP OOP allows you to structure a complex application into a simpler and more maintainable structure.
Section 1. Objects & Classes
- Objects & Classes – learn the basic concepts of OOP including objects and classes.
- The $this keyword – help you understand PHP
$thiskeyword and how to use it effectively.
- Access Modifiers: public vs. private – explain to you the access modifiers in PHP and help you understand the differences between the
Section 4. Inheritance
- Inheritance – how to extend a class for code reuse.
- Call the parent constructor – show you how to call the parent constructor from a child class’s constructor.
- Overriding method – guide you on how to override a parent class’s method in the child class.
- Protected Access Modifier – explain the protected access modifier and how to use protected properties and methods effectively.
Section 5. Abstract classes
- Abstract Class – guide you on abstract classes and how to use them effectively.
Section 6. Interfaces
- Interface – explain to you the interface concept and how to create interfaces.
Section 7. Polymorphism
- Polymorphism – explain the polymorphism concept and show you how to implement polymorphism in PHP using abstract classes or interfaces.
Section 8. Traits
- Traits – introduce you to traits.
Section 10. Magic Methods
- Magic methods – understand how the magic methods work in PHP.
- __toString() – return the string representation of an object.
- __call() – show you how to use the __call() magic method.
- __callStatic() – show you how to use the __calStatic() magic method.
- __invoke() – learn how to define a function object or function by implementing the __invoke() magic method.
Section 11. Working with Objects
- Serialize Objects– use the serialize() function to serialize an object into a binary string and how to use the __serialize() and __sleep() magic methods
- Unserialize Objects – guide you on how to use the unserialize() function to convert a serialized string into an object. Also, discuss the __wakeup() and __unserialize() magic methods.
- Cloning Objects – show you how to copy an object.
- Comparing Objects – how to compare two objects.
- Anonymous class – learn how to define a class without a declared name.
Section 12. Namespaces
- Namespace – learn how to use namespaces to group the related classes.
Section 14. Exception Handling
- try…catch – show you how to use the try…catch statement to handle exceptions that may occur in your script.
- try…catch…finally – learn how to clean up the resources when an error occurs using the finally block.
- Throw an exception – guide you on how to throw an exception using the throw statement.
- Set an Exception Handler – show you how to use the set_exception_handler function to set a global exception handler to catch the uncaught exceptions.