- Character classes – show you how to form a regular expression with character classes that allow you to match any character in the character sets.
- Anchors – learn how to use anchors in regular expressions to match at the beginning or end of a string.
- Word Boundaries – show you how to use the word boundaries in the regular expressions to carry the match whole word only.
Section 2. Quanitifiers
This section shows you how to use quantifiers to match a rule a number of times.
- Quantifiers – learn how to use quantifiers to match a number of instances of a character, group, or character class in a string
- Greedy quantifiers – show you how to use the greedy quantifiers to match as much as possible and return the largest matches.
- Non-greedy quantifiers – show you how to use non-greedy quantifiers to match their preceding elements as little as possible and return the smallest matches.
Section 3. Sets and Ranges
This section shows you how to match a string with a set or range.
- Sets and Ranges – guide you on how to use the sets and ranges to match a set of characters.
Section 4. Groupings
This section discusses the grouping techniques to extract a portion of the match, reference the group, and use alternation.