Section 1. New ES6 syntax
- let – declare block-scoped variables using the
- let vs. var – understand the differences between
- const – define constants using the
- Default function parameters – learn how to set the default value for parameters of a function.
- Rest parameter – introduce you to the rest parameter and how to use them effectively.
- Spread operator – learn how to use the spread operator effectively.
- Object literal syntax extensions – provide a new way to define object literal.
- for…of – learn how to use the
for...ofloop to iterate over elements of an iterable object.
- Octal and binary literals – provide support for binary literals and change the way to represent octal literals.
- Template literals – learn how to substitute variables in a string.
Section 3. ES6 Modules
Section 4. ES6 Classes
- Class – introduce you to the ES6 class syntax and how to declare a class.
- Getters and Setters – define the getters and setters for a class using the get and set keywords.
- Class Expression – learn an alternative way to define a new class using a class expression.
- Static methods – guide you on how to define methods associated with a class, not instances of that class.
- Static Properties – show you how to define static properties shared by all instances of a class.
- Computed property – explain the computed property and its practical application.
- Inheritance – show you how to extend a class using the
- new.target – introduce you to the
Section 6. Symbol
- Symbol – introduce you to a new primitive type called
Section 8. Promises
- Promise chaining – show you how to execute multiple asynchronous operations in sequence.
- Promise composition:
Promise.race()– learn how to compose a new promise out of several promises.
- Promise error handling – guide you on how to handle errors in promises.