Python program to print the duplicate elements of an array
In this program, we need to print the duplicate elements present in the array. This can be done through two loops. The first loop will select an element and the second loop will iteration through the array by comparing the selected element with other elements. If a match is found, print the duplicate element.
In the above array, the first duplicate will be found at index 4 which is the duplicate of the element (2) present at index 1. So, duplicate elements in the above array are 2, 3 and 8.
- STEP 1: Declare and initialize an array.
- STEP 2: Duplicate elements can be found using two loops. The outer loop will iterate through the array from 0 to length of the array. The outer loop will select an element. The inner loop will be used to compare the selected element with the rest of the elements of the array.
- STEP 3: If a match is found which means the duplicate element is found then, display the element.
- #Initialize array
- arr = [1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 7, 8, 8, 3];
- print(“Duplicate elements in given array: “);
- #Searches for duplicate element
- for i in range(0, len(arr)):
- for j in range(i+1, len(arr)):
- if(arr[i] == arr[j]):
Duplicate elements in given array: 2 3 8